STEAM Education stimulates innovation, creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
What is STEAM ?
STEAM Education is based on strategies designed to engage students in learning at high standards, including academically based community service, civic education, environmental education, place based learning, service learning, and work-based learning.
STEAM is our educational approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking.
STEAM Learning stimulates innovation, creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, resulting in a well-rounded, multi-faceted child.
Why a STEAM?
In the 21st century, scientific and technological innovations have become increasingly important as we face the benefits and challenges of both globalization and a knowledge-based economy.
To succeed in this new information-based and highly technological society, students need to develop their capabilities in STEAM to levels much beyond what was considered acceptable in the past.
STEAM-based programmes take an integrated approach to learning and teaching, which requires an intentional connection between curriculum and real life.
Why a STEAM School for your child ?
- Real World Content
- Staff-Created Curriculum
- Students reflect on their Learning
- Interdisciplinary Instruction
- Student Autonomy
- Student Reflection on their Learning
- Teacher differentiation of Instruction based on Learning Needs
- Teacher Facilitation on Student Interest
- Teacher use of Assessment to inform Instruction
- Early College Activates
- Students use Technology
- Students use Workplace and Life Skills
- Students Treat Each other with TRUST and RESPECT
- Extracurricular Activities
- Student Induction Process
- Parental engagement
- BIS establishes and maintains its community presence
- Students participate in Service Learning
- Staff Spread practices
Why a STEAM curriculum ?
The jobs of tomorrow might not have yet been imagined. As the changes in science and technology continue to gather pace, we nurture the skills your child needs to succeed in the 21st century.