BIS is a non-selective international School and does not require children to take an entrance test
Welcome to BIS
Choosing the right school for your child is one, if not the most, important decision you will ever make. And we make it a lot easier for you. We ensure your admissions experience is friendly and specifically tailored to your specific requirements. Please contact us so that you can learn more about what amazing things British International School of Sweden can offer your child.
We welcome families and students from every stage of their education journey to be a part of our learning community. Our dedicated admissions team will ensure a smooth and easy admissions process for you as for your requirements.
BIS accepts only:
- Students who are resident in Sweden for a confirmed limited period of time.
- Students who have attended school abroad for a major part of their education and therefore have a reason to fulfil his/her education in an International School in Sweden.
- Students who are currently living in Sweden but are planning to leave Sweden for a longer period of time.
- Students who speak the language of the school daily with one or both parents/caretakers and or has sufficient language skills to participate in the education.
Our admissions policy is in accordance with Chapter 24 Section 3 of the Swedish Education Act.
To begin the application process, please submit your interest enquiry through Online Application Form. You will be directed to our secure Admissions Portal to register and complete the process.
Once you have submitted the necessary information, a member of our enrolment team will get in touch with you to proceed with your child’s enrolment.
- Step 1: Online Enquiry
- Step 2: Application
- Step 3: Assessment
- Step 4: Offer
- Step 5: Enrolment
Our policy is to place students in their age-appropriate grade level. We also take into consideration a student’s previous school experience. This is done on a case by case basis looking at formal years of schooling rather than ability in subject areas. We do not have an entrance test but assess students in their initial weeks on a range of measures to ensure they are fitting in to the programme. August 31st determines the student’s grade level.
Fee and payment structure for Key Stages 1-5 (Year Groups 1-13):
- Tuition fees are invoiced annually* and, for returning students, are due before the start of the school year in August.
- New students starting at the BIS in August will be invoiced within the first month of starting school.
- For students joining during the course of the academic year, tuition fees are calculated in full term units (1/2 of the annual fee) and invoiced accordingly.
- Students leaving during the course of the year will be reimbursed accordingly.
* In exceptional cases, where parents’ circumstances prevent them paying fees as one annual payment (e.g. they carry the entire burden of the tuition fees and receive no assistance at all from an employer), parents can contact the Finance Department to apply for an alternative staged payment option. The school is not able to offer discounts on fees.
A warm welcome from our Admissions Team
Thank you for considering the British International School for your children. We understand the importance of finding the right school for your child or children and we can help you make this decision an easy and positive experience.